Plastic, wood based, and metal materials are the three choices available when picking out your cabinets. There are major differences between the different kinds, so it’s important for home owners to compare the three before making any rash decisions. This article will discuss the various cabinets for garage solutions to make it easier for people to execute their garage remodeling projects.
- Plastic cabinets- These won’t deteriorate and are easy to clean, they are perfect when it comes to combating any type of environmental challenges. They are also one of the least expensive options to choose from. If you plan to store items that are heavy, then plastic will not be your best choice.
- Metal garage cabinets- These cabinets are sturdy and strong making them the perfect choice to store any type of heavy item. They come in both steel and aluminum and can be either powder coated or painted. The downside of metal cabinets (mostly steel) is that it’s more likely to impair especially if it’s not properly protected from harmful chemicals or moisture. Another slight downside for these type of cabinets are the expensive prices.
- Medium density fiberboard, engineered wood, and plywood- These are the most common types of wood products for garage cabinets. They tend to be extremely heavy and are also effected by moisture. It is best to keep your wooden cabinets elevated off the floor to avoid any damage that water can cause.
There are a number of garage cabinets to choose from but it’s also important to analyze the different features as well. Listed below we have a few of them.
- Corner cabinets- These are great for using up neglected space. Small garages function best with wall cabinets since it won’t take up too much space.
- Rolling cabinets- If space isn’t a problem then rolling cabinets are a great alternative. These cabinets give you the freedom to easily move things around when needed. It’s best to invest in a rolling cabinet that has locking mechanisms.
- Modular cabinets- These are also a great option since it allows you to mix together different types of cabinet pieces. Similarly, cabinet combination kits function the same but are bought as a completed set.
The best part about garage cabinets is they provide the ultimate storage solutions while clearing out the clutter at the same time! However, you need to choose wisely or it will come back to bite you.